Corporate and Tech
- Experience from Hosting a Corporate Prediction Market: Benefits Beyond the Forecast (by Ford Motor Company) [view]
- User Participation in Corporate Prediction Markets (by Daniel E. O’Leary, University of Southern California) [view]
- Using Prediction Markets to Track Information Flows: Evidence from Google (WSJ) [view]
- A Study of More Than 250 Platforms Reveals Why Most Fail [view]
- Prediction Markets for Corporate Governance [view]
- Oil & Gas Company Case Study How the Global Exploration Group used crowdsourced forecasting to inform drilling and lease sale decisions. [view]
- Using Prediction Markets to Enhance US Intelligence Capabilities [view]
- Government Prediction Markets: Why, Who, and How [view]
- Betting on Climate Policy: Using Prediction Markets to Address Global Warming [view]
- Are markets more accurate than polls? The surprising informational value of “just asking” [view]
- Prediction markets and their potential role in biomedical research – A review [view]
Podcast Interviews with Dr. Anthony Aguirre
- Nonprofits Super-Forecasting Podcast Episode 73 [listen]
- Rationally Speaking Episode 214 [listen]
- Future of Life Podcast, The Art of Predicting [listen]
Introduction to Metaculus
Predicting the Future (of Life) [view]
His New Book: Cosmological Koans: A Journey to the Heart of Physical Reality (June 2019)
Cosmological Koans invites the reader into an intellectual adventure of the highest order.
Through more than fifty Koans―pleasingly paradoxical vignettes following the ancient Zen tradition―leading physicist Anthony Aguirre takes the reader across the world from West to East, and through ideas spanning the age, breadth, and depth of the Universe.
Using these beguiling Koans (Could there be a civilization on a mote of dust? How much of your fate have you made? Who cleans the universe?) and a flair for explaining complex science, Aguirre covers cosmic questions that scientific giants from Aristotle to Galileo to Heisenberg have grappled with, from the meaning of quantum theory and the nature of time to the origin of multiple universes.
A playful and enlightening book, Cosmological Koans explores the strange hinterland between the deep structure of the physical world and our personal experience of it, giving readers what Einstein himself called “the most beautiful and deepest experience” anyone can have: a sense of the mysterious.
ORDER AT AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2XvyAbf
Dr. Anthony Aguire
- Website: http://anthony-aguirre.com
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2XxLW6J
- Twitter: @anthonynaguirre
- Email: email@example.com
Anne T. Griffin
- Website: http://annetgriffin.com
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2GmDZb8
- Twitter: @annetgriffin
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://tech2025.com/charlie-oliver-bio/
- LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2HXtJHx
- Twitter: @itscomplicated
- Email: email@example.com
Oracles: How Prediction Markets Turn Employees into Visionaries (book by Donald M. Thompson)
Why Prediction Markets Are Good for Business
From selecting the lead actress in a Broadway musical, to predicting a crucial delay in the delivery of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner months before the CEO knew about it, to accurately forecasting US presidential elections—prediction markets have realized some amazing successes by aggregating the wisdom of crowds.
Until now, the potential for this unique approach has remained merely an interesting curiosity. But a handful of innovative organizations—GE, Google, Motorola, Microsoft, Eli Lily, even the CIA—has successfully tapped employee insights to change how business gets done.
In Oracles, Don Thompson explains how these and other firms use prediction markets to make better decisions, describing what could be the origins of a social revolution.
VIEW ON AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2ZT09c0
Question Everything: Scientific Thinking in Real Life (edX)
Have you ever wondered how you can apply math and science skills to real life? Do you wish you could go beyond what you’ve learned in the classroom? This science course will advance your knowledge as we unpack some important scientific thinking skills using real-world examples. By completing this course, you will be better prepared to continue studying math and science at the high school level and beyond. In this course, a collaboration between The University of Queensland and Brisbane Grammar School, we will cover key scientific concepts related to: Measurement / Estimation / The validity of evidence / The difference between logic and opinion / Misconceptions / Modeling / Prediction / Extrapolation
VIEW COURSE: http://bit.ly/2XFTDro
How can we accurately model the unpredictable world around us? How can we reason precisely about randomness? This course will guide you through the most important and enjoyable ideas in probability to help you cultivate a more quantitative worldview.
VIEW COURSE: http://bit.ly/2XCwM06