Digital Twinning is Winning!
Learn Why and What It Takes to Become a Digital Twin Expert.
Virtual Q&A with Digital Twin Expert Richard Schrade
"A digital twin is a virtual replica of an object, being, or system that can be continuously updated with data from its physical counterpart. Supported by an estimated 25 billion connected global sensors by 2021, digital twins will soon exist for millions of things. A jet engine, a human heart, even an entire city can all have a digital twin that mirrors the same physical and biological properties as the real thing. The implications are profound: real-time assessments and diagnostics much more precise than currently possible; repairs literally executed in the moment; and innovation that is faster, cheaper, and more radical." -- How Digital Twins Are Reinventing Innovation (MIT Sloan Management Review, January 2020)
Recent MarketsandMarkets research suggests that such efforts are already underway: The digital twins market—worth US$3.8 billion in 2019—is projected to reach US$35.8 billion in value by 2025. Undoubtedly, Digital Twin jobs are going to be one of the most in-demand careers of the future.
Join us for the first event in our new series, Jobs of the Future, where we analyze specific emerging technology jobs, careers and workforce trends that are coming over the next 5 years (by 2025!) and how people, companies and legislators can define and prepare for these jobs.
For our first Virtual Q&A, moderated by our very own Charlie Oliver, we are focusing on what is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated and exciting jobs of the future (that actually exists today) with our awesome guest speaker, Richard Schrade (co-Founder of Automation Intelligence which specializes in Digital Twin and Advanced Analytics).
The format of this session will be very focused, information-packed, forward-thinking, and will offer participants ample opportunity to ask a Digital Twin expert (who develops and deploys Digital Twin initiatives for enterprise companies) questions on how to enter the field, what to expect in the coming years, and how to develop a learning strategy to become an expert in the field.
In addition to reviewing a virtual job profile of a Digital Twin Specialist, we will discuss, among other things:
- A day in the life of a Digital Twin Specialist today and in the future;
- Why Digital Twinning is winning;
- The problems Digital Twins solve for companies;
- The potential evolution and growth of this space in the next five years;
- How to launch a Digital Twin startup;
- How companies are currently working with Digital Twin consultants;
- Various positions within the Digital Twin space and other positions that support this role (or interact with it);
- Technical, education, and social qualifications for getting a job as a Digital Twin Specialist;
- The current culture of the industry and how it might changed based on it's projected growth;
- Digital Twin in popular culture like scifi movies;
Registered attendees will receive additional info and resources before the event. Bring your curiosity and questions. This will be a rare opportunity to ask questions of an expert in a field that's just beginning to take off.
We look forward to seeing you, virtually!